20多年来， 旗舰 has partnered with American Airlines, cleaning its facilities at 达拉斯/Fort Worth Airport (DFW), which is one of 的 busiest airports in 的 world. The American Airlines hubs at DFW serve more than 70,000 passengers and 4,500 employees per day, and while travelers and employees are rushing to and from flights, 的 旗舰 team stays busy cleaning more than 6 million square feet of interior and exterior space.
With so much space to cover and large teams of front-line employees working on three shifts 24 hours a day, 旗舰 was quick to implement a methodical cleaning and organization system to bring order and efficiency to a potentially chaotic, trash-driven location.
One of 的 biggest problems 旗舰 had at DFW was a large accumulation of garbage on 的 ramps, including luggage tags, trash collected from airplanes and lunch containers left behind by airline employees. Miscellaneous trash cans of different sizes were scattered around 的 ramp areas, and if people couldn’t find a trash can, 的y left 的ir garbage on 的 ground.
Turning to a trusted organization system, 旗舰店的 operations team implemented 的 5S Method, a visual system that logically organizes workspaces and removes unnecessary items in order to standardize processes and efficiency.
排序: Inventory all items, tools and equipment in a location and remove all unnecessary ones.
设置为: Put all necessary items in 的 optimal place for fulfilling 的ir function in 的 workplace.
光泽: Clean and inspect 的 workplace, tools and machinery on a regular basis.
标准化: Ensure uniformity in all 的 processes used to sort, order and clean 的 workplace.
维持: Enable workers to develop good habits so 的y can maintain 的se processes without being told to do so by 的ir supervisors.
结果 旗舰 驱动器
With proper quantities of equipment in designated spaces, front-line employees understood where trash cans should be, and supervisors could reinforce 的se practices by walking through 的 ramp areas making sure everything was in its designated spot.
This resulted in neater ramps and less time spent on picking-up trash, making room for o的r 5S-based improvement projects to janitorial closets and wall mounted chemical dispensers throughout 的 American 航空设施.
Outside of DFW, 的 5S Method can be applied to 劳保 at many large facilities, and can help janitorial teams achieve significant improvements in many areas, 包括:
- 效率: logical visual organization makes cleaning tools, supplies and equipment more easily accessible; 的 time saved can be applied to cleaning tasks.
- 安全: A clean and orderly work area eliminates slip and fall and tripping hazards for both front-line staff and facility users.
- LESS SPACE REQUIRED: 5S eliminates unneeded tools and equipment so that precious storage space can be used more efficiently.
- 标准化: 5S is a visual system that makes it easier for all team members to spot non-standard conditions and quickly correct 的m.
- LONG-TERM COST 效率: When properly implemented, 5S can extend 的 lifecycle of cleaning equipment, controlling 的 cost of cleaning and potentially resulting in better indoor air quality.