One complex transition is challenging – but five airport Custodial Services contract transitions
during COVID-19 is a daunting challenge that takes a special kind of facility services partner to meet.
美国的航空旅行.S. 在过去的15年里一直保持增长. In 2020, COVID-19 和 the global p和emic decimated air travel 和 the industry went from a decade-plus of growth to a 60% reduction in passenger count almost overnight.
Despite the challenge of maintaining operations with skeleton crews, airports had to adhere to CDC guidelines in their facilities for the safety of their employees 和 customers. This became incredibly difficult in the face of constrained supplies of PPE, 消毒剂, chemicals 和 other supplies needed to destroy the virus in these large, 公共空间.
Flagship’s 航空 teams were already in place at our client airports – 和 we rapidly scaled up to ensure employee 和 passenger safety by:
- Exercising a strong vendor network to obtain needed 消毒剂 和 equipment
- Implementing 和 further developing virtual recruiting, hiring 和 training strategies
- Empowering frontline heroes to do what was needed to protect the health 和 safety of airport employees 和 passengers
- Working with innovative equipment 和 technology companies to improve process efficiency, 灵活性和适应性
Many airports had to go through the process of selecting a contractor for the next contract term period. The airport could choose to stay with their current vendor or take a chance on someone new – 和 this was not an easy decision.
- Improve the health 和 safety of their environment 和 reduce the potential for virus spread
- Transition, hire 和 train staff on processes, equipment 和 safety requirements
- 例子: Flagship transitioned 和 trained 380 full-time equivalent employees at DEN 和 280 full-time equivalent employees at SLC.
- 创建行动迅速的团队, 应对挑战, be ready for anything 和 make smart decisions with the airport’s top priorities in mind
- Build passenger confidence with visible, high touch point disinfection
Five airports selected to change their current janitorial contractor to Flagship 航空 Services. Flagship accepted 和 successfully launched all five airport janitorial contracts since April 1, 2020年——尽管面临COVID-19大流行的挑战.
- Virtual platforms 和 social media to recruit 和 hire necessary staff
- An advanced onsite onboarding 和 training program – complete with social distancing, 面具, 消毒剂和其他所有必需的个人防护用品
- A partnership with Trax Analytics to implement technology that improves visibility into passenger trends, 高峰使用时间, 人员饱和和总清洁时间.
- Strong partnerships with minority 和 disadvantaged business enterprises
- The Tier 1 多样性 Supplier Spend to exp和 opportunities for diverse suppliers to participate as Tier 1 Suppliers
There is a newly heightened focus on cleaning, disinfection, maintenance 和 building health.
- Showcasing professional staff consistently disinfecting high touch point areas
Flagship Airport Ambassadors have been extremely successful at improving passenger confidence. Ambassadors deliver rigorous high touch point disinfection 和 adapt quickly to passenger needs.
旗舰店已经实现 物联网和传感器技术 这改善了问责制和乘客沟通. This results in dependable data that drives process improvement 和 cost efficiencies while supporting a higher st和ard of quality throughout the service delivery ecosystem.
Flagship’s comprehensive airport facilities services establish confidence with travelers from the moment they enter the airport – 和 continue building that confidence as passengers continue through the airport facility.
With larger crowds, building 和 supporting passenger confidence will continue to be a top priority.
Flagship’s flexible 和 innovative processes can help airports continue to provide a safe 和 healthy environment.
奖 & 识别
During the p和emic, Flagship provided exemplary service that helped their partner airports soar. 旗舰机场得到了认可, awards 和 certificates based on their strong disinfection measures 和 for protecting the health of passengers.
- In 2021, 坦帕国际机场 was named one of the most hygienic airports in North America by Airports Council International.
- 丹佛国际机场, 奥兰多国际机场, 皮埃蒙特三合会国际机场和潘恩机场 收到了 2021年十大最佳机场 《哪个正规软件可以买球》十大最佳读者选择奖
- 凤凰港国际机场 was recognized for taking preventative safety measures against the spread of COVID-19 和 other germs 和 viruses.
- Mineta San José国际机场 was the first California airport to earn global accreditation status for having the highest levels of cleanliness 和 safety.
- In addition to Mineta San Jose International Airport, Flagship helped 哈里斯堡国际机场, 奥兰多国际机场 和 凤凰港国际机场 to earn the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star Facility Accreditation.
- 旗舰店的员工 约翰韦恩机场 收到了 2020 President’s Award for their commitment to excellence 和 a focus on safety.
- 旗舰团队转变 盐湖城国际机场 twice in the first six months of service in support for their phase one debut of the New SLC Airport, 其中包括一个新的停车场, 网关中心, 中央终端, a -西面有25个门b -西面有21个门.